UH Lake Health has new temporary visitor policies for all facilities to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our patients, visitors and staff.
Our current visitor restrictions allow one adult visitor (18 years and older) at a time to visit. Visitors must remain in the patient's room throughout the visit unless directed by the care team. Visitors may rotate with another individual, however, no more than one visitor is allowed in the facility at a time unless noted in the exceptions. No visitors younger than age 18 will be allowed.
This visitor policy applies to UH Beachwood, UH Lake West and UH TriPoint medical centers, including the emergency departments, as well as our Lake Health Physician Group offices; outpatient services; the Lake Continuing Care Center, including the Center for Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Center for Geriatric Psychiatry, and our urgent care locations. Entrances at some facilities may be limited to ensure appropriate health screening can occur for the visitors allowed under the policy.
Health screenings and precautions:
All visitors must:
- Have no flu-like symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain or sore throat)
- Complete a temperature check by an automated system at front entrance. Any visitor who has a temperature greater than 100° will be asked to leave.
- Wear a face mask or face covering at all times that covers the mouth and nose. (Those who arrive without a face mask will be provided one.) Masks are required for all patients, visitors and employees, unless a disability prevents them from wearing a mask. If you cannot wear a mask due to a disability, please ask for an accommodation prior to appointment.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others at all times.
- Remain in the patient’s room at all times except for quick trips to the restroom. The visitor must wear a mask at all times.
- Clean hands upon entry and exit to any patient care area. (Those with gloves will be asked to remove them.)
- Leave the UH Lake Health facility after the visit is over without spending time in public areas.
Exceptions to the visitor policy include:
- Obstetric patients can have two adult visitors. In addition, a doula may accompany the patient for labor support during labor and delivery.
- Patients who are under the age of 18 may be visited or accompanied by up to two parents or guardians.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have up to two adult visitors.
- Center for Comprehensive Rehabilitation: visitation is limited to two adult visitors between the hours of 3 - 8 pm Monday through Saturday; Sunday between the hours of 10 am and 8 pm.
- Center for Geriatric Psychiatry: visitation is limited to one adult visitor that may visit up to 30 minutes daily between the hours of 1 - 3 pm.
- COVID-19 and suspected COVID-19 patients: No visitors will be allowed in rooms of persons under investigation or who have tested positive for COVID-19 unless:
- The COVID-19 patient has been in hospital for 2 weeks and benefit to patient exceeds risk of exposure or visitor receives approval by the Chief Medical Officer or Chief Nursing Officer.
- The visitor will receive help in putting on appropriate personal protective equipment. The visit will be limited to 20 – 30 minutes. Close contact with patient must be avoided.
**Policy is subject to change based on the impact of the pandemic to UH Lake Health.
Thank you for helping keep patients and staff safe.